Friday, October 23, 2009

Room Service ~ Flash Fiction Friday

“Room Service.” I said looking across the table at Deanna and Annika.

“What?” Annika asked looking up from the data pad she was reading and tucking a length of blond hair behind her ear.

I just nodded and said nothing.

“What in the hell are you talking about?” Deanna’s eyes narrowed as she tried to figure out if I was serious or not.

“I want to be pampered.” I said a little louder. People in Ten Forward, looked up from what they were doing at the sound of my voice.

“We all want to be pampered, honey, but that aint the way that it works.” Deanna chewed the end of her straw.

“Seriously Kasidy, what are you on today?” Annika asked and then without waiting for a reply she turned back to her data pad and Deanna flipped her curly black hair over her shoulder and leaned in to get a better look at the screen.

“I want a staff to cater to our every whim!” I said standing up raising my hands up and turning around.

“Oh my god Kasidy what are you doing?” they almost spoke in perfect unison, Deanna almost knocking her soda over.

“I want to be embarrassed by the size of our room.” I said spinning around in a circle.

Neither Annika nor Deanna said anything they just looked at each other.

“I want a balcony, with a view that would make you want to break down and cry from the sheer beauty of it all.”

Everyone in the room had stopped what they were doing and were now watching me. My friends just sat there looking like they would like to crawl under the table.

“And I don't want to spend one moment of our –“

“Kasidy!” Annika hissed, embarrassment clear on her face.

“- suffering from anything except guilt about our complete self-indulgence.”

“Sit down for crying out loud! Everyone’s starring at us!” Deanna’s eyes wide as she grabbed my arm pulling me back down towards my chair.

I flopped back down into my chair and didn’t say anything.

“What were you doing? Are you crazy?” Annika, who wasn’t a person who dealt well with embarrassment, was clearly having an issue with the situation.

“I was just trying to figure out what he saw in her.” I said smiling.

“What are you talking about?”

“Never mind.” I said. “So anyways where are we headed again Risa or Casperia Prime?”

No comments:

Post a Comment